Saturday, December 8, 2012

Knight of Columbus Holiday Run

After some dismally low miles in November I was determined to start December off and running again. 

ON December 1st, for the third year in a row I signed myself up for the Knights of Columbus holiday run.  It starts off just a mile away and is one of my regular routes.  The one I call "Five mile race the school bus" .   

This year the boys decided that they would like to run the kids race and I couldn’t be happier.  Mikey had recruited his BFF Dom to run with him and Brenny was going to be running his first one mile run ever. 

Pete placed a little wager in front of B.  He challenged him to beat his older brother and his friend.  The Prize was $5 from Daddy.   



Brenny in the Red, Mikey a Blur in Black out ahead early.
 
 
 The boys took off in a flash and headed through the neighborhood streets.  I handed off my jacket to Pete and took a loop to warm up and to meet up with the boys as they came into the finish.  Mikey’s friend was struggling a bit and they had slowed to a walk.  As soon as B saw me he ran to meet me and I knew he was determined to win the five dollars his father promised him.  He finished in less than 9 minutes!  First in his age group too. 
 
 
I had a nice run too. It was a nice cool day.  Perfect for running and I felt good despite very few miles in the past month.  Its always amazing how fast you can be in a race.  No PR but I did improve my time from the Turkey Trot by two minutes!  And then there is this picture of me flying along the creek.  It might be the socks.  I don't know.  Just sayin.
 
Photo credit Charlotte Kopp
 

No comments:

Post a Comment