Thursday, March 1, 2012

February Wrap-up


It’s been a really busy month.  Even though I haven’t been doing a whole lot of blogging I have been doing quite a lot of running.  I am happy to report that in the month of February, I ran One Hundred twenty-two miles and and only missed one nine mile run. 
I enjoyed good weather and had a wonderful productive and relaxing week off that found me becoming a godmother, reading a book getting my taxes done and several other homeowner things accomplished. 
In addition to that I finally started to do some cross training activities as well.  I am not very good at making sure I do my strength and cross training.  But the nagging thought of injury has gotten me moving.  As much as I love my rest days I have given the “active rest day” a try twice in the past week in the form of the stationary bike, in front of the TV. 

MJ and B enjoying the game bike's
To be honest what got me going was that my husband made me help him carry two game bikes down to the basement for the boys to play.  If I have to do the work I might as well use it two right?   For those of you who have never heard of a game bike it is a regular stationary bike but it has moveable handlebars and a video game controller attached to it.  You hook it up to a Playstation and race your way through a game by pedaling and steering instead of using the buttons on the controller.     We have had these bikes in the garage from when my husband owned a kids gym a few years ago, back before the economy went to complete crap… 
Anyway I am happy to be starting to do something other than run, so now I can bike and elliptical on my rest days or even swap out activities on bad weather days, as is the plan of today ,since leap day brought snow to NY and today is gross and daylight was shortened by my errands.  Eight miles will happen tomarrow as this crazy mixed up winter weather continues into March.  
 

2 comments:

  1. I love adding variation to my work outs!!!! Sounds like February was an eventful but fun month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great month! And I've definitely felt stronger since adding in cross training, I think it's great injury prevention! ...except when you trip and strain your ankle like me.. :)

    ReplyDelete