Sunday, February 5, 2012

Superbowl Sunday in NY!

So, what happens when you go run a race with your friend, not caring about your time?

You end up on your road runners club web site SMILING...As the lead photo in the write up of the race!

Here's a good tip.  Want people to cheer for you?  Cater to the crowd and wear your support for the home team along with coordinating socks, courtesy of your son’s little league wardrobe. 
A real smile!
I seriously had the best time today running these five miles. 
I was worried about how they would feel after the nine miles I put in on the trail in the early morning.  It was cold and I ran much quicker that I usually do for a long run but I felt really good.  I knew the last five miles of my day would be OK and I was right.  I believe I carb loaded right and fueled perfectly today and that was key.  


5 miles in 42:20
Beth's goal was to better her turkey trot time and get it done in 45 min.  She killed that by two minutes!  So happy I was there for that moment! 
This year’s winter run was completed faster than last year but I was much more comfortable.  I guess it is a good sign that my training is going well. 

4 comments:

  1. Great job! You look like you are really having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is definitely the sign of good training! Yay for a great run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT JOB!!! That is awesome- and it looks like a really fun run ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a fabulous picture!!!! Great run : )

    ReplyDelete