Thursday, December 22, 2011

Race Calendar for 2012

Technology and I have not been good friends this year.  A broken lap top and a new phone later and now I have battery issues.  Somehow I have applications running all over my phone eating away at the battery life, to the point where I needed a new one.  I actually went a whole week without texts, mobile e-mail and facebook and twitter in my hand!  It was kind of nice but also frustrating I could not login to my blogger dashboard because it kept telling me I needed to enter the code that was being sent to my phone!  Apparently I set up some security and I forgot about it. 
So I used my computer time to research races for next year.  So far my goal is to run at least twelve races in 2012.  I mapped out at least eight close races hosted by my local club and another club in Westchester.  I definitely want to run a few halves and do a Full ( or maybe 2).
I am not the best at pictures on the run
 I resisted the urge to put my name in the NYC half lottery this year.  The price tag seemed a bit steep since I just ran it in March.  Running through Times square was amazing and I would love to do it again but I think I will hold out for trying my luck in the NYC Full lottery instead.  If I am going to spend a lot of $$ I want to make sure it’s on something I have not done before.   
For now I have decided on a half in Danbury Connecticut in April and I am considering a Full in Rhode Island in early May.  I am thinking I can combine visiting colleges( ya now for work ) and  races if they require an overnight stay.  Since Rhode Island is full of schools that I have never seen (yet recommend all the time), it seems like a good choice.  My friend Beth also went to school in Providence so I am hoping I could talk her into the half that same day and she could be my guide ;)  I definitely want to run a fall marathon again this year.  The summer is the best time for me to train time wise.  I will give the NYC lottery a shot but I have found a few alternates that are perfect alternates = Drivable and relatively inexpensive (and possibly near college towns?).
What other races+colleges should I think about?
Glad I have next week off.  In addition to cleaning and re-doing the boys room I will be Reading and catching up on all the festive races everyone has run the past week or so. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your 2012 is shaping up to be a busy one! I'm still working on my race calendar.

    Enjoy your time off!!

    ReplyDelete