Monday, January 30, 2012

Mileage dilemma

Sunday I have a five mile race but fifteen miles on the training schedule. 
The question is what to do and how to do it?  If it were just fifteen miles I would get up early, hit the road and be back just as the boys were waking up. 
This looks Awesome!  I might attempt.
The two time problems here are; 1.)This race does not start until 10am.    2.) It is Super bowl Sunday… in New York.  It messes with the whole schedule.  How can I get those miles in when Pete has to go to work and there is a possibility that we will be watching the Giants at a party later that evening?
I don’t usually do any significant warming up before a race but I think a couple of miles before the horn goes off are in order for me. 
What should I do?

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, that's a tough one. I've been in that situation before (minus the Super Bowl). If you don't care about your race time, I'd run 10 early, then go to the race. If you care about your race time.....hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete